Monday, March 11, 2013

LETTER FROM THE PRACTICE



I waited for you in the lobby and entered the auditorium five minutes before the service began. I really missed you there. I would’ve loved for you to have experienced what trusting someone must have been like and how fulfilling it still could be, regardless of momentary reactions of disillusionment or distress. Walking with God is somewhat of “an art and a science that takes willingness, time and understanding,” as a witty preacher says. I think it is nearly the same as walking with people. In order to trust a human being, plenty of insight and practice are needed.
I can understand when people don’t trust me because I myself trust neither everything nor everybody. Trust is a delicate matter, and each person on the surface of the Earth has been given the opportunity to choose whom to trust. When I decide to trust someone, for example, I am also very conscious that I may be disappointed. However, I don’t make “disappointment” an excuse to become distrustful. (I would much rather excuse people from “pleasing” or “doing” something for me if they show no sign of enthusiasm.)  No, I have God in my life. As God will ever fulfill my trust, I can risk loving, believing, and even being disappointed. In other words, I am able to risk living. For the truth is that I am not exempt from letting others down, including those who’ve kindly chosen to believe in me.
There will always be papers to write, calls to make, visits to arrange, ideas to crystallize, “goals” to accomplish. Publishing a book, for instance, could almost be as rewarding as are falling in love with someone and adopting a child. But, once again, one has been given the possibility to choose whom to trust. I, in particular, have willingly chosen to trust God with what produces the fruit of hope in me, for, despite any disappointments I may face now or in the future, hope will always cause me to be alive.

It is my wish you are in good health, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

With sympathy,

               Ms. Dinorah

No comments:

Post a Comment