Saturday, December 13, 2014

EMBRACING INNOCENCE


 
 
 
Reflections
 
Because they are older and have more “power,” they are right and I am wrong.
Because being with the man I love is the most important thing and everything else seems secondary, I am weak and they are strong.
Because I am not a Big President nor own a Business, they are successful and I am not.
Because they travel and offer talks and I like to wash the dishes, they change the world and I don’t.
Because they are in print, what they say is good while my love for you is just a temporarily inconvenient infatuation, and of course, it too shall pass.
Because I don’t hide my emotions nor am I afraid to bleed in the open fields, I am troublesome and naïve.
Because they are convergent thinkers and I am a divergent one, they are more reliable and I am all over the place.
Because I made the choice to love someone even if he wouldn’t come for me, they are wise and I am a fool.
Well, then, a fool will do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment