Friday, May 9, 2014

LETTER TO BRUNO HONDA




Dear Sir,

I have read your truly delightful missive and wanted to congratulate you for your world-changing accomplishments.
If you ever felt as though you had failed to be understood, let me give you some good news: You never failed. Not once. You were always 100% understood.
I’m multilingual, Sir. Multilingualism is one of the advantages of having the Holy Spirit as my personal coach. Out of nowhere and, apparently, for no particular reason, one gets to understand many tongues and even speak some of them in order to be understandable to others, without losing her identity.
With the help of the Holy Spirit, I have been able to read, understand and make myself understandable in:

·                     Spanish (Hola, ¿qué tal?)

·                     English (Watch me in the Japanese series Fruits Basket too. For a period of 26 chapters I enjoyed walking alongside two very special beings)

·                     Business (Welcome to the jungle, the show must go on, show me the money)

·                     Dog (woof, woof, ruff, ruff, yip, yap, yap, au, au)

·                     Squirrel (click, click)

·                     Wolf (owooooooo)

·                     Snake (hissssss)

·                     Tiger (Grrrrrr)

·                     Peace (All is well)

·                     Love (Immanuel-God with us)

And there is still so much to learn! Perhaps someday you will consider thanking the Holy Spirit not only for having helped me understand your “Thank-you notes” on your own terms all along the way but also for making me appreciate your enormous effort from the bottom of my heart. Having said that, you're welcome!
A very wise man once said that he accepted people as they are. Growing up, I was told something similar by my mother: “If you always find faults in your friends, you will end up with none.” So, I have to remind myself from time to time, “Appreciate who you are and you’ll never feel like the people in your life lack anything. You’ll enjoy them as they are.”
I pray you’re also learning to read and understand other languages besides your own, as well as to make yourself more understandable to others so that you have the opportunity to feel successful with future prospects and in other areas of life.

Watching your back,

Athena Owl-Eyed, Favorite Child of Zeus.


No comments:

Post a Comment