Sunday, December 25, 2011

THE KISS




By Dinorah Pérez-Rementería


I saw you very briefly before I was called inside. Then, I believe you saw me. At least you said so, and I believed it. Spiritually, I received the kiss. Knowing you was a quiet yet passionate kiss from God. It seems that He caused you to stir desire in me when I, subconsciously, was almost ready to digest the lifelessness of life. I have wondered many times if awakening desire might have been in fact your secret mission and whether you knew that you did succeed with me. That is the reason I am here. I wait and I hope. I choose to believe the impossible that can only become doable through God.
Jesus, I know you. I have seen your heart toward me. Haven’t you fed me when I’ve hungered and given me water to drink? Didn’t you give up your life and the sweet comfort of heaven in order to set me free? I love that even the most valiant people are subject to feel uneasiness from time to time. Uneasiness helps us walk humbly before God. I often think: “Will he like what he’ll see in me for all eternity? How many beautiful women might he have met by now or will come into contact with until the end of times?” One is susceptible to fall anywhere anytime. A handful of dreadful thoughts visited me just yesterday without warning, and I felt anxious and weak. At that moment, a song that I had been listening to came into my mind. I want to share it with you:





Thank you for having saved me earlier than I even needed it, before the awful thoughts appeared, by renewing my faith in your love. Jesus, would you come and kiss me again, with your eyes? Your presence is all I need. What else could I ask for if you’ve given me your heart, your hand, your whole life too? Why would you want me? I really don’t know. Why would you choose me? I couldn’t say. I believe some of my own scars have a new meaning now. They remind me of your love. I am so glad you know the place in which my heart belongs, and I can provide many logical excuses that validate why my heart has chosen to be there. I can mention, for instance, how much you’ve done and cared, and that your scars are indeed precious to me. But, maybe the real reason is simpler. Maybe it’s just that I can’t help falling in love with you.

2 comments: