Tuesday, August 12, 2014

FAITH



“God doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we’re made of mud,” the Verse of the Day reads on my phone screen. The feeling of being lost, of being a terrible person, of having done wrong, which came upon me yesterday, is still on my mind. The hard part is that I believed I had acted pure and clean all along. Maybe I did. 
What are we to do, having fallen in love? One sees everything through eyes of faith. I came to Miami for a few days because I wanted to see this person who is so dear to me. I love and respect him very much. I wanted to ask him what had happened, did I dream my love story, was it only in my head?  I wanted to cry, “Help!” I wanted to speak clear and open my heart. I wanted to ask him for his truth. I thought I would be brave enough to find out what the story of the two amazing birds meant in the real life, was it only fiction, a white lie, a misunderstanding on my part? I wanted to have started a more courageous talk. 
I saw the ring, listened to his questions and became paralyzed. I was lost. What’s next? Faith, faith, more faith, only faith. I am glad God doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.


No comments:

Post a Comment