Saturday, November 16, 2013

THE MESSAGE





By Ms. Dinorah


A friend of mine told me the other day I should at least write one blog a week. “Your site needs you,” my friend said. The question is…What am I going to write? Sometimes ideas come easily. Sometimes they don’t. Or, sometimes the ideas that do come are not the ones you would enjoy writing. As Joel Osteen says, “Be positive or be quiet.” Quietude may be very appropriate when you yourself recognize it as a vehicle for positivity. Assuming that positive ideas will come my way, I can make an effort and write down a few words. The question again is… What am I going to write?
There is more to writing than the message we wish to convey through words, like the sound of it, for example. What does your message sound like? What do your words sound like? I have discovered that sometimes it is a sound –I would call it a sound because It need not occur as a legible combination of words- what captures my heart. I could write about the song that has been playing in my head since yesterday. It made me smile and cry a little too. I could write about the book I am forcing myself to read, thus to imagine what its message sounds like. I could write about the peaceful view out my window, create a story, build two metaphors (his voice is my refuge, his love is my strength), express my feelings –sensations, awareness-, or wish him well.
I have no idea what to write. I guess I will try to write a sound, not a pretty one, a roar. When you have really nothing to say you start either roaring like a hungry animal or speaking in tongues through the Holy Spirit, or both. There were times, during trainings of physical theater in college, when you thought your body couldn’t resist training any longer, the professor said, “There, that is a moment of creation!” (And you just want to evaporate! But there is more to you than what you want). Your body starts acting on its own accord, or so you think, speaking in tongues through the Holy Spirit, or, again, both. This post is about producing a sound (imagine it with a strong Cuban accent if you can, almost incoherent), rather than a word, a combination of words, let alone making sense. Sometimes it’s just a bare sound what you need, a sound surpassing our own understanding, a flesh and blood feeling (I wonder if this could be possible to feel), a touch, a taste. The question is…What am I going to write?


No comments:

Post a Comment