Friday, December 7, 2012

A THANK-YOU NOTE



 



Dear Preaching Angel,
 

Craig Brian Larson once wrote, “Going the extra mile doesn’t usually make good business sense, but it makes great spiritual sense.” What you do for your/our community is very valuable: you preach kindness. We must preach kindness, with our words and attitudes, to those around us at all times, regardless of what we are called to do for living. When I catch myself forgetting or refusing to act in kind ways, I think of a very special person who preaches goodness by simply being who he is. Goodness is so natural in him that people can’t help but love him. Any person would want to spend hours and hours near him. Like many others, my world became more beautiful and filled with hope because of him. Knowing he is alive and well is all that matters!
Your ongoing kindnesses are also dearly appreciated. “Unlikely” or not, you’re a good, resilient angel. But even angels sometimes may feel lonely, blue or misunderstood though they seem to have a million friends, put on pride every morning and keep preaching their hearts out. When I receive email newsletters, I automatically hit the Delete button, except for yours. I couldn’t say whether I am too childish, too spiritual, or too arrogant for, as strange as it may sound, I personally believe Jesus “preaches” to me that “it’s not always going to be this gray” through your writings. I have been refreshed and inspired by every story.

Thank you,
TGW


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment