Sunday, September 25, 2011

WHENEVER


Liliam Domínguez: Aula Magna, C-Print



By Dinorah Pérez-Rementería


A wonderful tool, education provides learners with a sense of trust, confidence, knowledge, and respect for others and themselves. Students of all ages learn not only “content” from teachers but also attitudes, mental dispositions and even life philosophies that can impact them forever. However, I believe that the educator is a learner himself. As educators, we have the responsibility to learn what to give and how to deliver it appropriately to our students so as to make a positive long-term impact on their lives. One has to be disciplined, reliable and respectful, and one needs to learn suitable ways to project similar values in the classroom.
That is one of the main reasons I have decided to teach young people. I believe that by educating my students, I will also have many opportunities to keep myself conscientiously discovering new aspects about the subject delivered in addition to reflecting on techniques that make them cultivate a genuine interest in constructing knowledge, improve their academic performance, and grow into more caring human beings. I want my students to know how to show care and respect, to learn good things from their mistakes, and to apply what they have learned for the benefit of themselves and others as the school year progresses. It is my hope I can create an atmosphere that allows us both students and teacher to appreciate our value and worth as individuals as well as to recognize our talents and abilities towards producing effective learning sources that can be used/explored/enriched in the classroom every single day.



1 comment: